Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
Some Pig. Humble. Radiant. These are the words in Charlotte's Web, high up in Zuckerman's barn. Charlotte's spiderweb tells of her feelings for a little pig named Wilbur, who simply wants a friend. They also express the love of a girl named Fern, who saved Wilbur's life when he was born the runt of his litter.
About the Author
Facts About E.B.
- * His first name isn't really E.B. but Elwyn Brooks White
- * He was born in Mount Vernon, NY on July 11, 1899.
- * E.B. attended Cornell University
- * He wrote Trumpet of the Swan and Stuart Little
About the Illustrator
Facts About Garth
* Born in New York City, Garth was the son of artists: his father was a cartoonist, his mother a landscape painter
*He illustrated almost one hundred books for children including the Little House Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder and Stuart Little.
* Garth graduated from the Royal Academy of Art.